Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Explore Your Limits 10k

Event info
Event: Explore Your Limits 5k / 10k 
Date: Saturday March 3rd, 2012.  
Location: Explore Park in Roanoke, VA
Event Distance: 10k 
Hosted by: Mountain Junkies LLC
Series: RNUTS (Roanoke Non-Ultra Trail Series) - event 2 of 6
Event Website: HERE
Other race reports on this event: Cardioholics Anonymous




The report and the few following will be VERY different than previous reports, as I'm 2 months behind on my race reports and haven't had time. but I want to document what comes to mind.





My recent focus vs my latest accomplishments (running further, but getting faster at shorter runs)
Last year and goal time.

Wow, Time really got the best of me lately and life took over.
I never finished this race report.
It has been almost 2 months now.


I ran really hard and got 7th in my age group out of 20.
My time was 49:34 with an even 8:00 pace per mile.
Improvement from last year form 53:24, for an improved time of about 4 mins! pretty good I'd say!
You can read my detailed race report from 2011 HERE



What stood out for me for this event was trying to run a 10k on trail about as hard as I could. Some speed work for 6 miles wouldn't hurt my training schedule at this moment at all, and improving my time so well.


My pictures never turn out as well as I'd like them to.









As always at Mountain Junkie events it was good to see so many of my running friends trying to beat their own personal goals. Explore park is one neat place to run, good trails.


The race report from 2011 has all the details one would want to know if never having run this race.

No comments:

Post a Comment