Thursday, May 3, 2012

Recent runs - Mill Mountain Mayhem 10k


This report breaks the mold of previous reports, but I'm behind on reporting on my events, so I want to get some words and stories on here so I can catch up on the most recent events.




MMM10k -
Another fine event from the Mountain Junkies. This race is referred to as a favorite, but one that you love to hate. It sure is the most difficult 10k in town.

My goal was to beat last year's time. I was hoping to beat it by a few minutes. I know last year I ran it quite hard. you can read how exciting that was HERE.
In 2011 I ran 54:51
This year I ran 53:58
About a min faster, but I was sure I had to be stronger with the miles I was putting in, and I knew I was more capable of hills than I was last year. I expected more of a time improvement. but there is always next year. I really want to do well on this course, so I think I'll make a habit of running this loop... maybe more than I run the Chestnut Ridge Loop, we'll see... because I've been so busy I've not run much at all mid-week.

No comments:

Post a Comment