Thursday, March 24, 2011

Reach beyond

As I was using Google to see if my own blog shows on a search, I found the phrase "more than pace and stride" in a blog called "Reach beyond. Accomplish within. A blog about healthier living. I think this blog is no longer tended to, as it lacks any recent posts. It was active from 2005 to 2008, but only one post in 2009, about how he was headed to his first marathon. I am curious how that story ended.

My point is not that the phrase I choose for my blog title was found elsewhere, but that it was used in quite an inspiring post on this blog about the stories behind those running the Boston Marathon in 2008.

» See article

...and if I may quote this unknown blogger, I love how he used the phrase :
"It seemed everybody was running for a cause - some for charity, some for family members, some for themselves and some even just for fun. Whatever the reasons, the day spent in front of my television reinforced my belief that running is about so much more than pace and stride - running asks, "can you?" - we provide the answers."

How very true. Thank you for that.
I find myself asking myself that very question when it comes to running... Can I?

So often my longer runs are plagued with doubt, I feel victorious when I have accomplished any task in the face of doubt or resistance. Dont we all?
So after conquering that long climb, throw up your arms and shout, no one is watching and if they are - maybe they will be inspired to seek the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment